Sunday, July 29, 2012

GONE

E spent all last week with my parents.  The time away provided a small amount of time for us to connect with Boone a little deeper than usual and for E to make fabulous memories with my parents.  During the week I found myself really missing E.  The mornings were a bit more smooth but a piece of my heart was not here.  I now understand the saying that your kids are like a piece of your heart that walk around outside of your body.

I found myself thinking about how it would be like when she got home.  Boone was missing his sister so much last week I just knew we would see hugs and kisses when she returned.  And we did see all of that adoration for the first 10 minutes of the reunion.  Now it is all GONE.

I am able to type this tonight because I put the kids to bed early....B without dinner.  It was that bad.  He bite her, she hit him.  He flipped his plate of food over (hence the no dinner part), spilt his milk and had a mouth so smart it deserved a degree.  I was neither amused or impressed.  Ella did her part to egg it on but mostly she tried to stay out the way.

Gone are the thoughts of my children loving on each other on this the first night of their reunion after a week apart.  Gone is my patience after dealing with their constant bickering.  Gone is my week and now we will begin another.  My heart is whole again but now where did my sanity go?

No comments: