Monday, July 9, 2012

"It no working"

E is lucky enough to get to spend this week all by herself with my parents.  I have to admit I am a little jealous.  She is having a great time and making precious memories.  We are trying to do the same with Boone here in Clarksville.

So much appears to go unnoticed when we are juggling two kids in everyday life.  As we drifted off the sleep last night with B in between us I whispered to H, "you know, he really is a cute kid." And I mean it.  His little personality is really cute and now that he is winking my heart has found yet another reason to melt.  (For the record: Normally we have a childless bed but B could not sleep without Ella and I did not put up much of a fight when he asked to sleep with us.  I am not sure he even had to ask.)

Tonight's dinner included B's favorite, rice.  He wanted a "big fork" so I handed him a kid's spork.  You know, half spoon and half fork.  Anyway, after a couple of attempts he handed it back to me in his almost crying voice with a sense of urgency and the volume rising, "It no working, mommy.  It no working."  I handed him a spoon and all was right again, "I do it, mommy", but it got me thinking....

B's couple of minutes trying to unsuccessfully get an eating utensil to work was similar to few of my days recently.  I pray for strength because sometimes it feels like things aren't working for me.  Very much like B's example I am using the wrong tools to do the job or am just too anxious to get the tools I am using to work properly.  I can just hear my angels laughing because I probably sound like my two year old, "its no working!"

So cheers to the wisdom of two year olds.  I learned something about myself to night.  Slow down and do it right or change what you are doing.  It really is not hard to be happy.  May all your, "is no working"s" turn into "I do its" as soon as possible.

No comments: