Friday, July 20, 2012

Hug your babies

I am thankful it is not my place in this world to judge and punish those that do wrong against their fellow man.  I am so thankful (and they are lucky) that Jerry Sandusky, the Colorado shooter, and any other man, woman or child that is causing harm against children, our fellow man or any innocent soul does not have to answer to me.  My first thoughts are:  Shame on you, shame of all of you for stealing an innocent’s childhood, exploiting vulnerability and just mean a plain ol’ meanie.

I am not strong enough to shoulder their burdens or live with knowing the depths of their guilt and sicknesses.  Each time a crime like theirs is exposed our collective humanity is weakened somewhat.  Slowly, demented souls expose the depths of depravity that humans can dwell in and that weakens us as a whole.  For every level of sin one may reach, someone else will go one deeper.   

It is our responsibility to rise up against this evil and protect our families while we gain strength through each other’s generosities.  Trust should be earned before given freely and that is a lesson we must teach our kids. 

I have faith that this latest scandal shall pass, we will begin to heal but we will never forget.  I truly hope my little corner of this great, big world remains untouched for a bit longer.  I want my babies raised worrying about skinned knees, bad hair days and the occasional pimple on picture day.  I pray they do not have to deal with the massacre of classmates or try and understand the bad choices of adults they know and trust.   
Faith, hope, love is all that remains and above all these is love.

No comments: