Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Show Me the Love


This picture is making its way around my familial circles and I have to admit I am pushing it.  I love this photo.  This is my E and her baby brother and it accurately depicts their relationship....she is oblivious to him.  At 3.5 years old it is all about her and he lives around her life but not really in it yet.  This picure was taken Easter morning.  I was hoping for the perfect picture to send to the grandmothers and put in a frame on my mantle.  I delicately placed my infant child in his big sister's loving arms.  He was cooing at the time and then......I asked her to please support his head.  My actual words were please "hold his head".  She did.  He did not like it.  I clicked the camera then saved him from her "loving embrace".

E will be a great big sister.  Today she does not really want to hold her brother.  After hearing me gripe about his diapers leaking her continuing fear is that he will pee on her.  One day she will want to be around him, one day she will be protective and she will voluntarily support him, all of him, not just his head.  I still will not be able to promise that he will not pee on her but that's the risk you take with a little brother.

No comments: