Monday, March 26, 2012

Cheers

I wrote this when E was about 18 months old.  I reread my last post and the word, "Cheers" that I used reminded me of this piece and I wanted to share.  It is very simple but through it I remember every detail of the tea party described below.  E is in 5.  Time has passed too quickly....
-----------
“Cheers” is how we toasted over imaginary tea. Bear, Baby, Ella and I all enjoyed our Cheerios, animal crackers and blackberries and “tea”. The setting sun’s rays directly hit her blond locks by way of the kitchen window. The shade was pulled up half way, its usual position. I have not moved the shade’s position since we moved in nine months ago, more proof I am not a great house keeper.
Oh, how I wanted to freeze that moment in time. Her smile, her cocked head, her giggle- the one that begins in the back of her throat and slowly travels to her lips- “Tsheers mommy,” she responded and touched her plastic tea cup to mine.
Cheers, baby girl.

No comments: