Friday, June 29, 2012

Reconnection and it feels so good

A childhood friend of mine posted an old photo online today.  It was a framed photo of her and her 4 closest friends from the 5th or 6th grade.  I recognized the faces because they were my friends too.  The only problem is I was not in the picture.  My family moved after I was in the fourth grade.  I commented on the photo that if my family had stayed I would have been in the picture.  It made me a little sad and brought back the feelings I had after we moved about how much I missed my friends.
My "new" life was great and I have lifetime friends from that part of my life as well but you never forget your firsts and I haven't.

The friend who posted the picture is someone I still consider my best friend from early childhood.  It is a blessing that she and I have reconnected via Facebook of all things.  The photo got me thinking about how different my life could have been and could be.  I do not live with regrets and admittedly have lead a blessed and full life but it could have been much different.  I will not allow my mind to go further than that; it would be pointless.  

I am connected to each of my early childhood friends and am keeping my fingers crossed we can do a reunion at some point in the future.  Imagine all we have to discuss since the fifth grade to the present.  I love that no matter the miles that separate you if it is meant to be you will always find your way to back to those who love you and who you love.  Cheers to my Mid Valley friends!

1 comment:

Blue Gal said...

I moved after third grade and have always felt the same way...what if? And I found two childhood friends on facebook and am glad to be reconnected as well. Miss that small town, though.