Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Us (Air Kiss)

As of tomorrow, my family will have celebrated 3 birthdays.  Momma is tired.  Where has the time gone?  I am 37 (gulp).  To begin this new chapter of my life I choose to do something drastic, I gave up drinking Coke.  No, seriously I really did.  I has been about 16 days.  I will admit I cheated an had a little on Sunday but it was for medicinal purposes, I swear.  And I only drank about 1/3 of the $1 McDonald's Coke and poured the rest out on the curb.  The caffeine withdrawal has not been too terrible because I have begun drinking ice tea.  I order unsweetened and I add my only small amount of sugar just to make myself feel in control.  The shakes have been minimal and the 5 pounds I have lost far make up for the migraines.  5lbs!!!

My birthday was Sunday.  H was in a bad mood so I literally put my "Birthday Girl" crown on my head that was left over from the 5 year old's party last year.  I wore it all day (except church) even to the grocery store.  People are so nice when they realize you are royalty.  I then called my neighbors and told them homemade ice cream would be served at 530.  It was delicious.  And wearing my "Kiss the cook" apron with my crown was a great idea.  Everyone followed the direction and greeted me like we lived in LA with at least an air kiss being given upon entrance.  It was a grand evening.  H needs to learn I can throw a heck of a party with or without him.  Some days he is just lucky to get an invite. :)

Tomorrow my baby girl turns 6 years old (double gulp).  I remember when she was 6 days late and I had convinced myself that she was holding out because she did not want to meet me.  I just knew after listening to me for 9 months or 5 months- when do babies grow their ears anyway?--she had heard enough and thought she could do better.  I am totally serious.  After all, I had already survived Baby Anorexia.  That, of course, is when you are starving but cannot eat because you know you will puke it up.  There is no need to look it up, I came up with the name myself and have not had time to add it to Wikipedia yet.  I swear it exists.  I think I even emailed Oprah offering to come onto her show and discuss this REAL problem that was not discussed in polite circles.  She ended her show before we could work out our schedules.......

E eventually entered this world screaming and has not stop making her presence known since then.  I told her on Saturday we were going to church Sunday morning and her first response was, "I know just what dress to wear".  That's my girl.  Of course, it was a black velvet number that I had to explain was reserved for Christmas and Winter occasions.  That was a fight (she is MY daughter and a bit hard headed and opinionated) but eventually the red checked, sleeveless watermelon applique number won out.  Never underestimated the power of momma..... or blackmail with the promise of homemade ice cream later.

Happy birthday to all the Geminis out there.  May both your personalities have enjoyed your special day.  B, my Pieces son, has adopted all of our birthdays as his.  It works for him, he is 2.  There is plenty of time for him to get to celebrate just once a year when, of course, we will have ice cream.




No comments: