Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pinch Me

I am in a dream like state these days.  I am not fully asleep but am in disbelief that my reality is what it is.  In the next 5 days I have 4 photo shoots.  Over lunch I secured a spot as a spokesmodel for a local sunglass company and this morning I accepted a spot in a runway show next week.  The organizer of the show said I would be the designer's most mature (i.e. the oldest) model but I will also be the tallest.  So most likely I will literally be looking down on the other models both because of my height and my insecurities.

What am I doing?  I am a wife, mother of 2 and full time professional.  So when I ask myself the question, "What am I doing?", I answer with a smile that I am living a dream.  There are great under eye concealers on the market these days to hide the dark circles.  And I just signed up for a kickboxing class that begins in June to work off some fat, get toned and relieve my stress by hitting something.  Nothing feels better and if you have not tried it you should.

I do not know where this new journey will lead but I will follow it as long as I can.  Each step of the way I will breathe a silent prayer of thanks.  I have always wanted to model; most tall girls do.  I flirted with it in my 20s but shied away for a lack of confidence and drive.  The older I get the more confident I become and more driven I am.  I will be obnoxious as an old woman. 

One interesting part of this gig is how many people want to see me naked.  I have had two kids.  My modesty went away with my bedrest adventure but my class and integrity are still firmly intact.  Seriously, this business has not changed much in ten plus years but the good news is neither have my basic beliefs and principles.   

An opportunity to live my dream has presented itself again and this time with the support of my family I am taking this chance. I am jumping in the thick of it, grabbing it by the ears and taking it down. When all is said and done I will have no regrets.


2 comments:

Lori said...

I absolutely LOVE this picture of you! You ROCK Wendy!!! Love, Me

Emilee said...

This picture reminds menor Pretty Woman and you are a beautiful woman...inside and out! Love ya!