Monday, March 1, 2010

Baby and Me (Jan. 18th)

The Fosters have been on quite a ride.  A short summary: water broke early, hospital bed rest, induced labor, last minute C section, Boone McDaniel Foster is born, settles in for a bit in NICU, we are waiting for him to come home.  I can only write about this latest journey from my own point of view.  Hunt and E have been through their own journey by living a month without Mom around but I have no idea what their thoughts are and will not dare to assume anything.   I unfold this tale it will be in my sole voice and will sound a little selfish, so be it.

Below are some thoughts I put on a social networking site and will add a few updates after they are posted.

Baby and Me
(written Jan. 18th)

Late Saturday night/ early Sunday morning, I discovered my water had broken. Good news the baby is 29 weeks along. Bad news that's about 13 weeks before his due date of April 1st.


Praise God labor did not begin and we got in the hospital in time for all precautionary measures to begin.

I am on complete and total bedrest. No sitting up--have you ever tried to eat anything horizontally? It is ineresting. I keep baby's heartbeat as my background noise. It is soothing,very strong and reminds me while all this back pain is worth it. My pain is again, not contradictions but laying flat 24/7 brings about it own serious ache My goal is to stay here at St. David's North (Womens Center) as long as we can and let this baby continue to grow and gain strength inside my womb. As his mother, laying still is all I can do now. His birth, his develpment, his chances for a strong start at life have been entirely placed in God's hands where they were all alng even when my pride did not allow me to fully embace it. My baby is my baby but it pretty humbling to come to the realization before he is my baby that he is God's precious gift to my family and I.

I am not too proud at this point to ask for prayers. I can make it to at least Thursday Baby will be 30 weeks! That would be huge! I hope to make it longer but I am setting short goals because the overall is a hard one to grasp and there us only so much I can do. It is truly a day by day mentality. Please pray for strength of my family and myself, pray for my peace if mind and for the strong development of my baby boy. I also pray for a stringer dose of Ambien tomorrow night to give me rest!! I went to bed at 1130 and am up at 4. Sleep is not an easy thing to come by right now. "Be Still and know I am God". Today my goal while not moving at all is to mediate on this and hope it brings more peace my way.

If anyone of you are in north Austin swing in by rm27. It is going to get lonely. Plus this is your ONLY chance to see me without make-up!:). I am having some trouble keeping emtions in tact right now but my tears won't burn you if they come while you are here. Please understand this feels like one of the toughest things I have ever done.

Lastly, I love my husband, Hunt, he is trying to keep Ella's world on track while ours is on a wild ride. For everyone who has offered so much, thank you. For all the calls and texts, thank you. Hopefully, I will be in here for weeks so please be patient for our help requests. We don't want to burn thru them too quickly.

Thanks for reading. Love you all.

No comments: