Monday, March 1, 2010

Cedar Fever is gone, Baby is moving, life is great (Jan. 27th)

I am not going to lie.....last week was tough! Breathing treatments, oxygen monitors, ear aches, 4 different drugs to clear up congestion while laying flat- all I can say is it is over and it is a whole new world here at St Davids North.


Baby is moving and his heartbeat is strong. Thank you for all the visits, cards, emails and gifts. Cousins and aunts and friends gave all entered my doorway and endured the "no make up Wendy".

Yesterday was the first day I felt like a "normal" person who happens to be on bed rest. I even put some powder on my face:) Then God quickly reminded me not to get too cocky....I won't go into details but I had a wake-up call and today I am truly moving as little as possible. Everything is still critical but okay. The baby is still "cooking" nicely and my vitals are stable (i.e no sign of infection yet). The cord is no longer above his head but rather along side of it. I have not dialated but if I do, the cord is still a concern. We will not get another estimated weight for a couple of weeks. There is little fluid but that is why I am laying this flat and still while God continues to allow his greatest creation, the human body, to do it's best work and keep my unborn son safe.

Ella looks to be adjusting nicely and Hunt is holding everything together. We continue to count our blessings and all of you reading this note are counted among them. God is good. Thanks for your prayers, keep 'em coming!

No comments: