Monday, March 1, 2010

The Pre Game (Feb 16th)

I am so excited I cannot sleep. Tomorrow I will be induced to bring this little one into the world. This means I will not only have a son by this weekend but I will also be going home. I pray the baby may be strong enough to make the journey home with me but chances are he will be staying here for a little bit. Tomorrow is one day shy of 34 weeks. It is a long way from where we started four weeks ago but still a little early for him. It is in God's hands.


I was told today is a day for blood work and tests. An IV will be started at midnight and the induction will officially begin at 5 AM tomorrow.

I was induced with Ella so I know the drill. Of course, she was 6 days late.... A bit of a different story. I keep picturing her 8 lb. 4 oz. body and wonder what half of her looks like, we will soon find out.

I pray for patience and strength as we find out what, if any, challenges lie before us. From feeding techniques to the tiniest of diapers and more.

As said before, the baby will most likely stay a bit in the NICU. I am prepared for that as hard as it will be. I am delighting in the fact that I will be able to hug Ella and Hunt, shower normally, brush my teeth standing up, eat while sitting completely erect. These are things I took for granted and am thrilled to do again.

The doctors have told me I will move slow for the next weeks but they forget I am just happy to move at all :). Forward motion is good! And so we proceed, making the best of each day here and today is no different only that this today is followed by a very certain tomorrow: Baby Boy's birthday!!! :)

God Bless.

No comments: