Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diapergate--Show Me Some Luvs

One thing menitoned but not expanded on in yesterday's rant was the 4th person in my little Clarksville house, my son, B.  He is 6 weeks old this week but -1 week in gestational terms; he was due on April 1st but just could not wait to meet all of us so he came in February.  A baby does not require tons of stuff but they have it anyway.  We, as adults and mothers, cannot help ourselves but to provide a baby access to so many things they will not remember and without our credit card bill we would most likely forget.  Diaper Genies, wipe warmers, blankets to coordinate with every outfit, shoes (really a baby does NOT need shoes), etc., you get the point of the list of uneeded but most often bought baby items.  One of the things a baby must have is DIAPERS.  They come in all different brands and can be disposable or cloth but in my world there is only disposable.  A good friend sent me a business referral for a cloth diaper service with a comment, "you may think I am crazy but I love this service".  She is right I do think she is nuts- with two kids what the hell is she thinking?  We do disposable but I do put them in the recycle bin so my conscious is clear.

My son was early so he is tiny but too big for a preemie diaper.  We are in diaper no man's land and it is tough on both of us.  He wakes up drenched and I have to do more laundry, give multiple baths in a day and deal with my screaming baby.  We are trying them all the big two are not making the cut.  Huggies and Pampers are dead to me.  Seriously, he leaks in 5 out of 5 Huggies and 4 out of 5 Pampers.  I want to find some Luvs but in Austin apparently we are snobs and only deal with the big two.  In a town that strives so hard at times to put major chain stores and restaurants out of business it makes no sense that I have to go to one of these stores to buy Luvs.  The grocery stores do not carry them and I am about to pull my hair out as B wakes again screaming as a I type and I can already see the wet stains on his onesie.  E, my daughter, is now screaming that B stinks because she has it in her head that pee stinks.  Of course, hers does when she pees on her floor in protest of various things.  And as discussed yesterday, the pee runs downhill in this house and behind the armoir which in the heat of summer is going to reek.  Hopefully we will be in the new house and the renter tenant can deal with the stinch.  For now, B will be in his 5th outfit of the day and mommy just may have to uncork a bottle of wine....

1 comment:

Blue Gal said...

try buying diapers online; I have Amazon prime and used to order from them all the time. Trying to remember where I've seen Luvs...hmmm...I'll keep thinking.