Monday, March 15, 2010

Our Journey

My baby sleeps, my body aches
Giving thanks there was nothing more than what I could take

Waters rupturedearly and off to bed I went
flat on my back is how my next 6 weeks were spent

With eack leak and movement within I prayed he was okay.
Every next minute was a goal and there was a victory with each passing day

Prayers went up and blessings flowed down
Home routines continued without me around

People asked how could I do it, lay so still
I would answer how could I not, that this was God's will

My labor was induced and delivery did not come quick, his birth is marked by my scar
He did a quick stint in NICU where he quickly met the bar

We are all home now gaining strength everyday
With daddy and big sister we will conquer our challenges, come what may

It has been quite a journey, our path will continue to reveal itself in time
We do not question what has happened.  The glory is God's but the memories are mine.

No comments: